A Daily Desire

Each day brings a new adventure. An opportunity to capture a little of what I see as beauty in the world around me. Painting in different mediums gives me the chance to capture my mood and my art on canvas or paper.

Teaching, painting on location, or at my easel in the studio brings me great joy.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Oil paintings of a red rose and of a copper pot




Two new paintings today and I will have my new year committment up to date!! Both are oil paintings. The pears and copper pot was a still life I taught on January 9th in Atlanta. It is on a 12x16 stretched canvas. The rose for today I did on a 11x14 stretched canvas. I hope you like them.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Karen. I just checked your site and WOW-- the new additions are lovely. The tomatillos and rose garden and the portrait of the two roses are quite captivating. As much as I love the roses, I really like the tomatillos-- different. Since I've got me one nasty sinus infection and can't seem to muster alot of energy to do much, I think I shall take your advice and just practice drawing a bit-- see what I can come up with!

    Melody

    ReplyDelete