A Daily Desire

Each day brings a new adventure. An opportunity to capture a little of what I see as beauty in the world around me. Painting in different mediums gives me the chance to capture my mood and my art on canvas or paper.

Teaching, painting on location, or at my easel in the studio brings me great joy.

Friday, January 9, 2009

Daily Painting of a Red Rose with Cherries and one of Pink Roses




I'm in Atlanta Ga. having a wonderful time. My friend and I set up a still life each and painted all day on Thursday. Seventeen students arrived early Friday morning to begin their workshop. I am so proud of them. They all finished their still life paintings and started another today. I will demonstrate a painting on Saturday and again on Sunday, and then we part ways again for a while. I love teaching and working with this group. They are such a creative bunch of painters and the energy level is great. I have enclosed a photo of the paintings I did on Thursday to suffice for both Wednesday and Thursday daily paintings. I will post again on Monday to catch you up on my daily work.
The oil painting of the Pink Roses is done on a 11x14 stretched canvas. The Red Rose and Cherries is on a 14x18 stretched canvas, in a wonderful blue and white vase brought to us from China.
Thanks and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment