A Daily Desire

Each day brings a new adventure. An opportunity to capture a little of what I see as beauty in the world around me. Painting in different mediums gives me the chance to capture my mood and my art on canvas or paper.

Teaching, painting on location, or at my easel in the studio brings me great joy.

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Painting of a rose

20x24 oil on stretched canvas
Roses in Glass
I am sure I have told you that I am busy working on florals for my upcoming show. I started this one on Thursday and felt it was done with todays work. The rose fascinates me. I believe they have moods just like we do!!! They are a challenge for me to paint and try to capture that elusive beauty each blossom has. After the more involved look at the anatomy of the rose in some of my other paintings I felt the need to try for a free style that just caught the light on the roses.
Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment