A Daily Desire

Each day brings a new adventure. An opportunity to capture a little of what I see as beauty in the world around me. Painting in different mediums gives me the chance to capture my mood and my art on canvas or paper.

Teaching, painting on location, or at my easel in the studio brings me great joy.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Demonstration Painting
















oil on stretched canvas 16x20

In my afternoon class, I did about an hour demo today in which we discussed using a photo and then really exaggerating the color to add some emotion, how to simplify the design, and still use the reference photos we took to use as a guide. I took this photo in Vermont this summer and will finish up the demo painting and post it again.







painting

1 comment:

  1. Hey Honey!
    Thank you-Thank you!
    It is 7:45 on a Sunday Morning. I should be sound to sleep. But NOOOO! Too busy thinking.
    I went to a late afternoon,outdoor wedding, yesterday.
    I promised the bride I would paint the ceremonial gazebo.
    Just looking at your demo, plus remembering what you have taught me in class= = = I know what to do!!!
    Now I can sleep. In a few hours I will go over my notes I have taken in your workshops. You now have your own notebook.
    hogs and kisses, Dottie

    ReplyDelete