A Daily Desire

Each day brings a new adventure. An opportunity to capture a little of what I see as beauty in the world around me. Painting in different mediums gives me the chance to capture my mood and my art on canvas or paper.

Teaching, painting on location, or at my easel in the studio brings me great joy.

Monday, November 16, 2009

oil painting of New Harbor Maine

Lobster Shack
11x14
Oil on linen panel
While in New Harbor we often ate at Shaws fish and Lobster Wharf. Soooooo good.
Right across from it was a lobster shack that got some of the boats coming in with their crates of lobsters. We got up early one morning determined to paint on the restaurants wharf before anyone was out and about. Instead it was crowded with a boat full of people leaving for a day trip out to Monhegan Island which seems to just loom out on the horizon. (We are going there next year) We were able to do a couple of quick sketches any way and were ready for the afternoon location

No comments:

Post a Comment