A Daily Desire

Each day brings a new adventure. An opportunity to capture a little of what I see as beauty in the world around me. Painting in different mediums gives me the chance to capture my mood and my art on canvas or paper.

Teaching, painting on location, or at my easel in the studio brings me great joy.

Monday, November 16, 2009


I never thought I would have the opportunity to paint on location in Maine. So many artists have spoken of the beautiful light there. Well it is all beautiful. We were so fortunate to find such beautiful 70 degree weather all the time we were there in New Harbor, Maine, staying at the amazing property " The Moorings". It was sweltering here in Nacogdoches, tx in the 90s at the time. The crowds of visitors to Maine seemed to all be gone and the locals were beginning to board the windows up and get ready for winter. The flowers were putting on there final blaze of glory before the cold came in. I did this 11x14
11x14 oil on linen canvas oil sketch at Pemaquid Point looking east from 125.00 the light house.
Pointlookingeast the light house.

No comments:

Post a Comment