A Daily Desire

Each day brings a new adventure. An opportunity to capture a little of what I see as beauty in the world around me. Painting in different mediums gives me the chance to capture my mood and my art on canvas or paper.

Teaching, painting on location, or at my easel in the studio brings me great joy.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Roses and Lambs Ears

12x12 oil on stretched canvas
Roses and Lambs Ears
175.00
I painted on this little jewel on Friday and Saturday. Lambs ears are one of my favorite plants in the garden and they work well in paintings too. The texture is wonderful.
I hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous painting. I love the soft feel of this. The roses with the lambs ear makes such a beautiful arrangement too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Karen. Connie Kelley here. Jan opened your e-mail while i was visiting last week-end and I asked her to forward it to me so I could gaze at your lovely art work. You look marvelous, by the way. Love the paintings! Maybe I can see you next time I'm in Nacogdoches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh.....this is beeeeeuuuutiful. It makes me wish my roses were blooming right now. (Something to look forward to)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous painting, Karen. I looked at it in class today, and it is even more beautiful "in person" than on screen.

    You are a gifted artist and a wonderful teacher. Those of us who are in your classes are indeed fortunate.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete